Sunday, May 18, 2008

LIVESTRONG Challenge 2008: Henry Rides in Memory of Ruth Levine



After a long and valiant fight against pancreatic cancer, my mother, Ruth Levine passed away on May 3, 2008. This year, the LIVESTRONG Challenge offers yet another opportunity for Team Rigel to ride in memory of one of our most beloved family members.

Ruth was a constant connector of family and friends and unconditionally supportive of our athletic and other endeavors. She traveled to watch us ride and race, always cheering on with enthusiasm, huge smile, and the occasional cow bell. I write this post now from her computer in CT, where a framed photo sits beside me of Andy and I crossing the finish line of the Challenge in September 2007. The photo above is fitting example of Ruth living strong, just two weeks before her passing.

We are all so honored and grateful that this year Henry will ride in memory of Ruth. Other committments prevent Andy and I from participating this year, but we are proud that Henry will be riding to represent our whole family. Thank you Henry!

I hope you will join me in supporting Henry as he rides in memory of Ruth.
-Sara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

great post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Alice[/url]